The Greytown Festival of Christmas happens for the whole month of July and we are busy getting prepared for it in store!
We're creating a fun lighting display outside the store - and you'll have the chance to jump into it to help make it extra special!
For the month of July, here's what we have planned in store: we'll
- Extend our opening days to include Tuesday - Saturday, plus Sunday 3 July
- We’ll have a remnant rack fully loaded for the month
- Every in store purchase goes into the draw to win a $500 Miss Maude Shopping Spree.
- Share a photo to Instagram of your visit to the store and go in the draw to win another $500 Miss Maude Shopping Spree. (To be eligible to win tag: #missmaudenz and #greytownvillage Or email your photo to: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Help us knit a Miss Maude Scarf, and for every 1cm knitted, we'll donate $5 to Hospice Wairarapa and you'll get a delicious Gingey Cookie on us!
Greytown will be lit with beautiful light displays and Night Markets; there is a fabulous event program planned; and the retailers, cafes and restaurants are going to town to make it an extra special month.
There will be outdoor dining at Truck Stop which will have three different food trucks on offer each night, live music, and of course, some outdoor heaters to huddle around.
Come for the day, come for a few. We’d love to see you here!
There will be something for everyone - the young and the young at heart!
Here are some of the events that we think you might enjoy!
The White Swan will have a pop up Gin and Spice Bar every Friday and Saturday in July, 5pm - 8pm.
This is the one we are the most excited about! It's the annual Wairarapa Fabric a Brac in Greytown.
Stall holders will have some fabulous vintage and modern fabric at bargain prices for you to pick up and you also have the warm fuzzy feeling of helping someone else clear out their sewing cupboard. All money raised will be donated to Hospice Wairarapa.
There are also some great looking comedy events.
One highlight (literally!) will be the Nicks Big Light which is a WW2 spotlight.Come and see the awesome WWII spotlight back in action. Visual from around 50kms, this is quite the spectacle.
Silent Movies with Live Piano Accompaniment
Ever seen a movie as it was back in the good old days? Well here is your chance to relive a special and fun piece of history, with a classic Silent Movie with live piano accompaniment. Perfect for both adults and children!
Fancy Making Something?
How about making Clay Jewellery with Coopers Loft Studios?
Book a workshop and learn how to make Clay Jewellery. Kerry will teach you some of the amazing techniques used so you can make beautiful earrings using various Cutters, Textures, Foils & Jewellery Hardware.
Try crafting these delightful wee Walnut Pincushions as a lovely keepsake for years to come &/or a special gift.
There are plenty of other events for you to go to - the calendar is bursting with fabulous things to do, see, eat and drink!