Latte Coat, Frogginette. Print Knitting Pattern
This is a beautifully printed knitting pattern.
The Latte Coat is a very cute double-breasted style with a signature textured front band to make for a truly special, wonderfully cozy and practical garment for all budding explorers. The best part? Two versions are included in the pattern (hood or no hood)!
Perfect for an advanced beginner or intermediate knitter, this coat is knit seamlessly from the top down for the hoodless version and with just one seam at the top of the hood for the hooded version (a seamless hood solution is suggested).
The body is worked flat, the sleeves are worked in the round. Stitches are picked up along each side edge and hood to work woven basket stitch band in one piece. Optional pockets can be added.
Yarn: Worsted Weight
No-hood version: Approximately 274 (320, 366, 389 // 411, 457, 594, 640, 686) meters of aran or heavy worsted (10 ply) weight yarn.
Hood version: Approximately 320 (366, 411, 434 // 457, 503, 640, 686, 731) meters of aran or heavy worsted (10 ply) weight yarn.
Size: To fit chest circumference: 40.5 (43, 45.5, 48.5 // 53.5, 58.5, 63.5, 67.5, 71) cm.
Finished garment (buttoned) chest circumference: 52 (56, 60.5, 63 // 66, 70, 76, 79, 83) cm.
- US 10 / 6 mm circular needles (or size needed to get recommended stockinette gauge). For sizes 2yo and up, hooded version, it is recommended to use circular needles at least 100 cm long to accommodate all the stitches when working front band.
- US 10 / 6 mm (or matching above) double-pointed needles (for sleeves).
- US 9 / 5.5 mm (or one size smaller than above) double-pointed needles (for sleeve cuffs).
- US 10.5 / 6.5 mm circular needles (or size needed to get woven basket stitch gauge). For sizes 2yo and up, hooded version, it is recommended to use circular needles at least 100 cm long to accommodate all the stitches when working front band.
- US 10.5 / 6.5 mm (or matching above) double-pointed needles (only if working pockets). Please adjust needle size if needed to achieve recommended gauge.
Notions: 4 normal stitch markers and 4 removable stitch markers (or pieces of scrap yarn); tapestry needle; 2 stitch holders or scrap yarn; Eight 3/4-inch (2 cm) diameter buttons or toggles (or more if desired)
Gauge: 116 sts x 25 rows = 4 inches or 10 cm in stockinette stitch using smaller diameter needles
18 sts x 20 rows = 4 inches or 10 cm in woven basket stitch using bigger diameter needles
Level: beginner - intermediate
This is a printed knitting pattern.
FREE SHIPPING OPTIONS!
Orders over $150 will ship free to New Zealand and Australia
We aim to ship your order within one working day of payment being received. NZ deliveries are normally delivered within a day or two of leaving the store, while international deliveries (over $9 in value) can be sent via NZ Post + Australia Post or DHL Express for a tracked timely delivery service.
At times there may be circumstances beyond our control which will delay shipping.
For full details, please refer to our shipping page.
As a fabric order is a bespoke product, we are unable to offer a refund if you change your mind. We encourage you to order a sample first if colour, texture and weight is important for your project.
We will gladly take returns on any item that is faulty or damaged, please refer to our returns page for full information.