Pattern Fantastique - Terra Pant
The Terra has been revised! Scroll down for a comprehensive list of changes to compare new to old.
The Terra Pant is a high-waisted pant, tailored with deep pleats that fall into a elegant tapered and slight bowed leg. Finished with side pockets, back patch pockets and optional belt loops. Make in a range of fabric for you new pant staple. These pants exude cool and comfortable with a chic edge for work.
The Terra pant is cut high in the waist. The front waist tilts slightly forward to maintain a flat front with a long line into the small of your back. There is additional ease of 4 cm in the finished waist for comfortable sitting and eating. The thigh front and depth is generous for an easy fit and a slightly cropped to ankle length with a fully enclosed hem you can turn up or leave neat.
Sizes: 6-30 included (see last image for measurements)
Recommended Fabric: mid - heavy weight woven fabrics. Such as denim, corduroy, wool, velvet, or heavy weight cotton or linen.
For softer fabrics like linen a weight 200 gsm + is recommended. For lighter weight cottons 150 gsm + use a tighter, crisper and hardier weave to provide stability.
For thicker fabrics, take into account this will absorb some of the ease in the waist - if your waist measurement is in between sizes, consider going up a size.
Fabric requirements: Width 135 cm : 2.25m
Plus pocketing 40cm, mid-weight interfacing 30cm.
Photo credits: Pattern Fantastique
Below is a list of changes made to the pattern.
1. The sizing has changed down one size, so the size eight is now a size ten etc.
2. Added 2 cm of width to the high hip back, plus an extra dart; this gives more curvature for the rear.
3. 5 mm was removed from the front hip curve.
4. The crotch width has an additional 7 mm.
5. The centre front was raised 1 cm to reduce forward hip tilt.
6. The hem was lengthened by 4.6 cm, and the total hem circumference was reduced by 4 cm.
7. The fly structure has changed for clarity and ease of construction.
8. The front pocket opening has an additional facing for improved cutting and fabric use.
9. The centre front waistband was simplified.
10. Patch pocket has been updated in shape and additional grading on the pocket.
11. The front pocket re-drafted to stream-line construction.
12. The following options have been removed; The back welt pocket. Wider belt loops. Tailored cuff.
13. The instructions are rewritten in our updated style.
14. Most importantly graded from a size 6 to size 30.
FREE SHIPPING OPTIONS!
Orders over $180 will ship free to New Zealand and Australia
We aim to ship your order within one working day of payment being received. NZ deliveries are normally delivered within a day or two of leaving the store; Australian deliveries are sent via NZ Post + Australia Post tracked service for a 6-12 day delivery delivery service; other international deliveries are sent via tracked courier services for timely delivery.
At times there may be circumstances beyond our control which will delay shipping.
For full details, please refer to our shipping page.
Fabric > This is cut to become a bespoke product, we are unable to offer a refund if you change your mind. We encourage you to order a sample first if colour, texture and weight is important for your project.
Yarn + Other Goods > If you are not delighted with your purchase, we will happily refund, exchange or offer a store credit on full priced yarn and other goods within 30 days of purchase and in their original As New condition.
Sale Items > No returns or exchanges on any sale items. Note, some items may be on sale because of a known fault - this will be noted on the product listing.
Damaged Items + Faults > We will gladly take returns on any item that is faulty or damaged, please refer to our returns page for full information.