Garment Making Basics Class. Make the Cuff Top. 17th-18th July 2021
Make your own Cuff Top!
This is a two day class to get you started making your own clothes. This class is designed for those of you who want to learn how to make garments - you may have other sewing experience such as patchwork or quilting; perhaps you haven't sewn for a while and would like to get back into it; or maybe you have dabbled a little with your sewing machine but would like to get stuck into creating your own me-made garment?
You will be making the simple yet elegant and timeless Cuff Top
In this class you'll learn how to:
- read and prep a garment sewing pattern
- select the correct size
- prep and cut out your fabric
- basic construction techniques
- finishing seams
- sewing a neck facing
- sew darts
- button loops
- inserting elastic.
This class is being taught by Aimee Davoren who is a professional tailor and milliner who has spent her career working in both apparel manufacturing and bespoke tailoring. We are now lucky enough to have her located here in Greytown to share her amazing depth of skill and talent with you.
This workshop focuses on garment making techniques - the Cuff Top pattern is a loose fit top available in two size ranges. Aimee will work with you during the class to help determine the best size for you. The class however doesn't cover pattern alterations for fit - please make sure that you are happy to make a top within the size range of the pattern (see image for details)
- The class will be held at the beautiful Greytown Town Hall in the centre of our charming village.
- Two days of expert tuition: 10am - 4pm each day. 17th + 18th July, 2021
- Cuff Top printed pattern
- Morning and afternoon tea both days
- Goodie Bag
- Once you've signed up, we'll be in touch with further details.
- You will need to bring your own sewing machine and be confident in using it. We will be using the straight and zig zag stitches.
- Please bring your own sewing tools - scissors (for paper and fabric), pins, needles, thread,
- Pre washed and ironed fabric - see fabric requirements here. We recommend a stable cotton or linen. Please get in touch if you'd like help to select your fabric.
- 30mm-50mm wide elastic x 1m; thread to match your fabric; 25cm of lightweight interfacing. These can all be purchased at the store on the day if needed.
- There will be a 30 minute break for lunch each day - please bring your own, or you can select from a range of local Greytown cafes and the supermarket which are within walking distance of the venue
- This class is limited to seven participants
- Please note that if you choose to cancel your booking for this class, the class fee is non-refundable. You are, however, able to transfer your place to someone else. Please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org if this is the case.
- If the class is required to be cancelled due to COVID restrictions, you will be given a full refund.
FREE SHIPPING OPTIONS!
Orders over $150 will ship free to New Zealand and Australia
We aim to ship your order within one working day of payment being received. NZ deliveries are normally delivered within a day or two of leaving the store, while international deliveries (over $9 in value) can be sent via NZ Post + Australia Post or DHL Express for a tracked timely delivery service.
At times there may be circumstances beyond our control which will delay shipping.
For full details, please refer to our shipping page.
As a fabric order is a bespoke product, we are unable to offer a refund if you change your mind. We encourage you to order a sample first if colour, texture and weight is important for your project.
We will gladly take returns on any item that is faulty or damaged, please refer to our returns page for full information.